MISSDISH | saaareeee’s Apple Fennel Pomegranate Salad
DateSeptember 27, 2016
I recently fell in love, and I fell hard. I’d never really seen fennel as something in my world, yet there was always something mysterious and alluring about it all the same. I was at the market a few months back and finally plucked up the courage to buy one bulb. This recipe was the result and I’ve not looked back since.
What You Need: Serves 4
1/2 fennel bulb
1/2 lemon (juice)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
How to de-seed a pomegranate:
1. Wash and slice in half.
2. Take one of the halves and hold cut side down over a medium size bowl.
3. Using a wooden spoon, tap firmly on the top surface of the pomegranate.
4. I store pomegranate seeds in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and have them as a snack throughout the week.
What To Do:
1. Cut fennel 1 inch above bulb to remove fronds (hold fronds for later).
2. Slice apple and fennel into bite-size chunks and add to large bowl.
3. De-seed pomegranate (see below for above) and add seeds to bowl.
4. For dressing, combine lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Toss salad in dressing and add fennel fronds as garnish.
For more simple and fun recipes, head over to Sarita Walsh’s website.