One of our favorite makeup artists, Melissa Murdick, shows us how less is more in this simple yet sophisticated makeup tutorial. A swipe of blush, and just a touch of shimmer is all it takes to achieve this perfectly natural and ladylike look.
1. Prep the skin with tinted moisturizer and concealer where needed.
2. Curl the lashes strongly at their base, then ‘walk’ the curler up the lashes, giving gentle squeezes along the way to get the strongest curl possible. If you just can’t live without it, add a very light sweep of mascara to the top lashes only.
3. Apply a light, shimmery shadow on the eyelid and to at the inner corners of the eye to brighten up the eye area.
4. Brush up brows and use either a powder or pencil to very softly fill them in. After filling, brush through brows again to further soften the color. Fix brows into place with a brow gel.
5. Using a light hand, swirl a bright pink blush onto the apples of the cheeks. Choose a shade of pink that compliments your skin tone. The blush should pop, but look very blended.
6. Apply a tinted lip balm that gives your lips just a hint of color.
Model: Chiara Hovland | Agency: VISION LA DEVELOPMENT | Photographer: Christina Choi