MISSDISH | RASA’s Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Glaze Recipe
The best part about pumpkin pie is having it for breakfast the next day. This version turns the holiday favorite into a guilt-free treat. Not only is this recipe gluten free, but it is also completely grain-free and dairy-free, suitable for anyone on a paleo diet. Coconut flour and pumpkin are full of fiber and low in calories, coconut oil and eggs lend healthy fats and protein, and the entire recipe only contains a small amount of unrefined sugar - a much healthier alternative to processed sugars and artificial sweeteners.
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 18 minutes
Makes 8-10 donuts
What You Need:
¼ cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp melted coconut oil + a little for greasing the pan
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut butter, melted
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. Using a whisk, mix coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil in a separate bowl until fully combined. Make sure the eggs and/or maple syrup are not too cold, and it will solidify the coconut oil.
4. Whisk in pumpkin puree until fully combined and add mixture to dry ingredients. A whisk works well to ensure there are not any clumps of coconut flour, but you will have to switch to a spatula to make sure you get all the good stuff from the sides of the bowls.
5. Add dough to a piping or Ziploc back. If using a Ziploc bag, cut a decent sized whole from one of the corners once the dough is inside.
6. Pipe dough into donut pan, filling it about 2/3 of the way up.
7. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. They should bounce when you touch them.
8. Cool completely before taking out of the donut pan.
9. While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Add coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup into a blender and blend until fully combined. If the glaze does not have a whitish color it needs more coconut butter.
10. Place glad into a small, shallow bowl and dip the tops of the cooled donuts into the glaze. Set aside on a drying rack and sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt.