Tea and cake all in one slice! Our favorite pastry chef, Tracy Wei, has outdone herself again with this green tea butter cake recipe. It's exactly what it sounds like and it's the perfect alternative to the classics you usually find like banana bread or poppyseed loaf. The best thing? You can't get this at Starbucks. This ain't your average slice. This is out-of-this-world delicious, so get cooking!
What You Need:
Butter 510 grams
Sugar 500 grams
Flour 600 grams
Baking Powder 2 teaspoon
Baking Soda 2 teaspoon
Salt 2 teaspoon
Green Tea Powder 100 grams
Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
Yogurt 450 grams
What To Do:
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and one egg at a time.
3. Mix until combined.
4. Add half of all dry ingredients and quickly mix.
5. Add half the yogurt and mix.
6. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
7. Add the rest of the yogurt and mix until combined.
8. Pour into loaf pan and bake at 165C for 35-45 minutes.
9. Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes and spread your favorite icing on top.